1 - Brieffing
We will contact you to find an idea that meets your objectives and requirements.
2 - Design
We create the necessary designs and assets (2D & 3D) for you.
3 - Launching
We develop your filter according to the agreed specifications.
4 - Debriefing
Once the filter has been developed, we take care of importing it into the desired social network.
Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok
The biggest Social Networks
Augmented reality filters and effects on social networksux, are 15 times more engaging than traditional content. This way of interacting with one's community is increasingly used by brands, especially for 12-34 year olds who represent more than 71% from instagram's MAU. The filters are available on Instagram, Snapchat and Tiktok and they are used for communication actions.
We are an agency that supports the biggest brands around the world to produce and advise brands in the development of filters on social networks. (Puma, Mc Donald's, Subway, etc.) Discover the different possibilities and tips to help you in your choice of filter on social networks.
Types of Filters
Face Animation filters available on TikTok, Instagram and Snapchat are augmented reality effects that allow your brand to transform the user into the desired world. Integrate 2D/3D elements on his face, on his head. Transform his face as you wish.
We create your filters and effects to display your products in augmented reality. We model (structure and texturing) and create the animations needed to make the filter viral.
For example, you can target or retarget your customers with this effect. This allows you to create attractive content that will increase your conversion.
Enhance your packaging with image recognition. Once the effect is opened on TikTok, Instagram or Snapchat, the algorithm will detect the packaging image and generate animations. These animations are additional call to actions to encourage your community to buy your products.
Augmented Reality Games
Increase the usage of your filters by creating viral animations with augmented reality games. We code in the algorithm of TikTok, Instagram and Snapchat to create games that can be used with head movements, eye blinks, mouth openings, etc.
Filters: A format that works
More than 500M stories are published every day on Instagram, and 1/3 branded content. Filters allow the user to identify with the brand.
- 5 times longer to discover the content
- 20% increase in shares
- Increased conversion up to 30%
What are the advantages of using an agency to create a Social Networking Filter?
The filters have become popular content on the social networks. Indeed, it is a qualitative and innovative way to get closer to the target audience of social networks, which is increasingly young and influential.
It soon became popular and used by a large number of brands, putting a filter online requires a real strategic and creative thinking to go viral. An agency specialising in the creation of filters will accompany you in your project from A to Z thanks to advice and a personalised expertise.
Depending on your project and your objectives, different Brand Content are possible. An agency will assist you in the creation of your social network filter particularly in monitoring your performance and achieving your objectives.
The augmented reality is at the heart of the creation of a filter. Indeed, it is necessary to master the notions and skills in this field to create a filter. During its creation, 2D/3D elements must be realized, as well as animations, in order to have a clear and precise sequence on the final filter. An agency specialising in the creation of filters will be able to provide you with these skills and expertise that a traditional agency is not necessarily able to do.
In addition, the project management conducted by the agency allows you to be accompanied from start to finish, and even after the publication of your filter. Indeed, our agency specialised in the creation of social network filters accompanies you in the monitoring your data and statistics to see the impact of your filter. So we help you understand this data and interpret it to see what worked and what you should change in the future.
Filter Maker working at 75 % with long-term customers. Many brands call on our agency to create several filters, which proves the relevance of our expertise and the filter quality designed.
Creating a Social Networking Filter: how to choose your Agency?
When selecting a social network filter agency, different criteria can be taken into account when making a choice. Here are some relevant criteria to look at:
The budget for the creation of a social network filter : You need to determine your budget for the creation of your filter in order to advertise it to agencies. Indeed, some agencies do not want to take on a project with a budget that is considered too small.
The agency's portfolio : it is worth looking at the filters that have already been created by the agency beforehand. You can see whether the filter can be created, depending on what you want. It is clear that creating a filter requires specific skills and can be more or less complex.
Filter Maker is an agency that specialises in creating social media filters. We have worked with some of the biggest brands in the world. You These filters can be found in our portfolio.
Technical skills and experience The traditional agenciesCompanies usually outsource the creation of social media filters because they do not have the in-house social media filter experts. By using Filtrer Maker, we have the in-house expertise to create a quality filter that meets your expectations.
A filter on social networks is a augmented reality content which allows virtual elements to be integrated into the real world and to interact with this content. This is currently the most widely used augmented reality content, as social networks have managed to create the use of AR effects. Thus, it is content in the same way as a photo or video, but even more engaging and allowing the creation of UGC (User Generated Content).
Currently most of the major social networks use filters, such as from Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook or even TikTok. This helps to generate retention on these platforms as well as engagement, as the user will generally apply the filter to themselves.
Everything will depend on the social network on which we will create the effect. Generally speaking, there are 4 types of effects on social networks:
- Filters Face animation This is the possibility of integrating virtual elements (2D or 3D) on the users' face. These elements can be animated or not and interact with the user or not.
- 3D Product Visualisation Filter This allows you to visualise your product in 3D in its environment before buying it. For Instagram and Facebook, this is currently limited to elements that can be placed on the ground (plain tracker). As previously mentioned, Snapchat will offer more important functionalities by integrating foot tracker, hand tracker or body tracker.
- Immersive packaging filter The algorithms of social networks are able to recognise pre-recorded elements in the algorithm to trigger an animation. This can be used to animate a POP, a packaging or a business card on social networks via a filter.
- Augmented Reality Games Filter : The creation of games allows the gamification of the user experience on social networks. The objective is to make virtual elements (3D or 2D) interact with the user's movements to offer fun content.
Filters on social networks can have different purposes:
- Promote something Whether it is to develop brand awareness (brand content) or for a specific activation (e.g. to promote the release of a product/employer brand/event), etc.) the creation of filters on social networks allows for differentiating content to be proposed and more engaging.
- Increase conversion : Filters on social networks are relevant solutions to increase conversion on these products. This often works with 3D product visualization, that allows users to preview the product in a realistic way.
- Carry out a drive to store action Immersive content is very engaging and requested by users. We implemented many drive to store actions where the core of the campaign was filters on social networks.
It is necessary to promote your filter once it is published. For this, there are different methods depending on your objectives, we present them on our page activation :
- Method 1: To promote your filter, it is already important touse social networks in the right way. Communicate with stories, integrate front page stories, create publications to promote the effect, with an editorial calendar, etc.
- 2nd method: A relevant activation in some cases is to organise a competition or the filter and the tool to be used to participate in the game. This is an activation that increases the number of shares and therefore naturally the number of impressions of the filter.
- 3rd method: For drive to store operations, or in magazines for example, it is possible to integrate QR codes on physical elements that link directly to the effects link.
- Method 4: To promote your filter at launch quickly, use the services of influencers can increase the number of impressions of your effects, which can boost the launch of your campaign.
- 5 method: Whether on Instagram/Facebook or Snapchat it is possible to integrate the filter in "advertising". and not in community. This is a method of having differentiating ads content vs. photo or video content.
The price of a filter on social networks varies according to the service. You can expect to pay between €1,000 and €30,000. If you would like to know more, please visit our page: Price of filters.
To create filters on social networks, you need different expertise. From 2D graphics with the Adobe suite to 3D with software such as Blender or Motion with Cinema 4D. That's a lot of software to master to create the assets of your own effect on social networks. To create the filter itself, you can use Spark AR for filters on Facebook and Instagram or Lens Studio for the Snapchat filters.
The time it takes to develop a filter on social networks depends on the complexity of the production. The development of the filter can take from 2 days to 1 month, but usually it takes between 1 and 2 weeks.
It will be possible to find the statistics of your filter for Facebook and Instagram on the Spark AR Hub, for Snapchat on My Lenses Snapchat Insight. The available statistics will be :
- The openings
- The recordings
Recently, Snapchat and Instagram have made it possible to have information about the audience of people who use filters on social networks: gender, age range, country, etc.
Depending on the target audience, the nature of the campaign and its target, some social networks will be more relevant than others. For example: To reach a young target and have a lot of viralities, it is interesting to publish the filters on Snapchat. For drive to store actions that reach a wider target, publishing the effect on Facebook and Instagram will be relevant.
It is not necessary to go through an agency to publish a filter on social networks. All augmented reality creation software (apart from TikTok) will be open source. Moreover, it requires skills in different areas (2D, 3D, Motion, AR development, etc.). We have made a page if you want to learn how to create a filter on Instagram or Snapchat.