CREATION OF FILTERS & EFFECTS IN AUGMENTED REALITY
We create your augmented reality filters for the biggest social networks: Facebook / Instagram / Snapchat
INSTAGRAM, SNAPCHAT, FACEBOOK
Augmented reality filters and effects on social networks are 15 times more engaging than traditional content. This way of interacting with one's community is increasingly used by brands, especially for 12-34 year olds who represent more than 71% from instagram's MAU. The filters are available on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and Tiktok and they are used for communication actions.
We are an accompanying agency the biggest brands We have been working around the world to produce and support brands in the development of filters on social networks. (Puma, Mc Donald's, Subway, etc.) Discover the different possibilities and tips to help you in your choice of filter on social networks.
Our creative studio will support you according to your needs. Our offer allows you to stand out from your competitors by offering attractive and viral content.
Augmented reality filters on Instagram stories can help you get exposure to new influencers. This type of content is 15 times more engaging than traditional content.
Our agency offers you a turnkey solution to integrate your filter on your company's account. In addition to the branding integrated in the content, your Instagram account will be displayed each time the filter is used.
By publishing your custom filters, you will be able to interact with your community about your company's news. By posting filters regularly, your community will spend 5 times more time exploring your content.
to discover the content compared to traditional content
through 3D product visualization in augmented reality
on AR content on Instagram
Face Animation filters available on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat are augmented reality effects that allow your brand to transform the user into the desired world. Integrate 2D/3D elements on his face, on his head. Transform his face as you wish.
We create your filters and effects to display your products in augmented reality. We model (structure and texturing) and create the animations needed to make the filter viral.
For example, you can target or retarget your customers with this effect. This allows you to create attractive content that will increase your conversion.
Enhance your packaging with image recognition. Once the effect is opened on Facebook, On Instagram or Snapchat, the algorithm will detect the packaging image and generate animations. These animations are additional call to actions to encourage your community to buy your products.
AUGMENTED REALITY GAMES
Increase the use of your filters by creating viral animations with augmented reality games. We code in the algorithm of Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat to create games that can be used with head movements, blinking, mouth opening, etc.
More than 500M stories are published every day on Instagram, 1/3 of which are content created by brands. Filters allow the user to identify with the brand.
- – 5 times longer to discover the content
- – 20% increase in shares
- – Increased conversion up to 30%
LEARN MORE ABOUT FILTERS ON SOCIAL NETWORKS
A filter on social networks is a augmented reality content which allows virtual elements to be integrated into the real world and to interact with this content. This is currently the most widely used augmented reality content, as social networks have managed to create the use of AR effects. Thus it is content in the same way as a photo or video, but even more engaging and allowing the creation of UGC (User Generated Content).
Currently most of the major social networks use filters, such as from Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook or even TikTok. This helps to generate retention on these platforms as well as engagement, as the user will generally apply the filter to themselves.
Everything will depend on the social network on which we will create the effect. Generally speaking, there are 4 types of effects on social networks:
- Filters Face animation This is the possibility of integrating virtual elements (2D or 3D) on the users' face. These elements can be animated or not and interact with the user or not.
- 3D Product Visualisation Filter This allows you to visualise your product in 3D in its environment before buying it. For Instagram and Facebook, this is currently limited to elements that can be placed on the ground (plain tracker). As previously mentioned, Snapchat will offer more important functionalities by integrating foot tracker, hand tracker or body tracker.
- Immersive packaging filter The algorithms of social networks are able to recognise pre-recorded elements in the algorithm to trigger an animation. This can be used to animate a POP, a packaging or a business card on social networks via a filter.
- Augmented Reality Games Filter : The creation of games allows the gamification of the user experience on social networks. The objective is to make virtual elements (3D or 2D) interact with the user's movements to offer fun content.
Our agency, Filter Maker, will be able to help you create filters/effects on Instagram, Facebook via the Spark AR software. Also on Snapchat via the Lens Studio software. It is currently not possible for agencies to create TikTok filters, however they have recently made an announcement that they are working on open source software for augmented reality content development. You can be notified by signing up directly on the form on the Tiktok page.
Instagram filters on social networks can have different purposes:
- Promote something This can be done either to develop brand awareness (brand content) or for a specific activation (e.g. to promote the release of a product/employer brand/event), etc.) the creation of filters on social networks allows for differentiating content to be proposed and more engaging.
- Increase conversion : Filters on social networks are relevant solutions to increase conversion on these products. This often works with 3D product visualizationThis allows users to preview the product in a realistic way.
- Carry out a drive to store action Immersive content is very engaging and requested by users. We implemented many drive to store actions where the core of the campaign was filters on social networks.
It is necessary to promote your filter once it is published. For this, there are different methods depending on your objectives, we present them on our page activation :
- Method 1: To promote your filter, it is already important touse social networks in the right way. Communicate with stories, integrate front page stories, create publications to promote the effect, with an editorial calendar, etc.
- 2nd method: A relevant activation in some cases is to organise a competition or the filter and the tool to be used to participate in the game. This is an activation that increases the number of shares and therefore naturally the number of impressions of the filter.
- 3rd method: For drive to store operations, or in magazines for example, it is possible to integrate QR codes on physical elements that link directly to the effects link.
- Method 4: To promote your filter at launch quickly, use the services of influencers can increase the number of impressions of your effects, which can boost the launch of your campaign.
- 5 method: Whether on Instagram/Facebook or Snapchat it is possible to integrate the filter in "advertising". and not in community. This is a method of having differentiating ads content vs. photo or video content.
The price of a filter on social networks varies according to the service. You can expect to pay between €1,000 and €30,000. If you would like to know more, please visit our page: Price of filters.
To create filters on social networks, you need different expertise. From 2D graphics with the Adobe suite to 3D with software such as Blender or Motion with Cinema 4D. That's a lot of software to master to create the assets of your own effect on social networks. To create the filter itself, you can use Spark AR for filters on Facebook and Instagram or Lens Studio for the Snapchat filters.
The time it takes to develop a filter on social networks depends on the complexity of the production. The development of the filter can take from 2 days to 1 month, but usually it takes between 1 and 2 weeks.
It will be possible to find the statistics of your filter for Facebook and Instagram on the Spark AR Hub, for Snapchat on My Lenses Snapchat Insight. The available statistics will be :
- The openings
- The recordings
Recently, Snapchat and Instagram have made it possible to have information about the audience of people who use filters on social networks: gender, age range, country, etc.
Depending on the target audience, the nature of the campaign and its target, some social networks will be more relevant than others. For example: To reach a young target and have a lot of viralities, it is interesting to publish the filters on Snapchat. For drive to store actions that reach a wider target, publishing the effect on Facebook and Instagram will be relevant.
It is not necessary to go through an agency to publish a filter on social networks. All augmented reality creation software (apart from TikTok) will be open source. Moreover, it requires skills in different areas (2D, 3D, Motion, AR development, etc.). We have made a page if you want to learn how to create a filter on Instagram or Snapchat.