We Create your Filters and Effects in Augmented Reality
Filter Maker is a communication agency specialised in creation and diffusion of augmented reality content. Increase your brand awareness by using your community and customers as influencers for your brand. We can integrate filters to Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat but also on your mobile applications or your website (Web AR).
1 - Objectives
2 - Creation
3 - Launching
4 - Debriefing
Filter Maker supports you in the creation and distribution of your filters and effects in augmented reality. We offer you a brief according to the objective of your campaign and will produce the most qualitative content. Once the filter has been produced, we will assist you in dissemination of effects to maximise reach of your augmented reality filters. We debrief together on the statistics at the end of the campaign in order to offer you even better content.
The various Solutions for Augmented Reality Content
Integrate your augmented reality content with our agency on your social networks. We can implement filters on TikTok, Instagram or even Snapchat. The media where users spend the most time are social networks. Since 2019, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok offer agencies the opportunity to create augmented reality content for brands.
Increase of the UGC
AR content on social networks enable brands to generate UGC (user generated content). This means that their community will use the augmented reality content and share it on their own social networks. Users therefore appropriate the brands' content to their own community.
For different marketing objectives
Filter Maker helps brands according to their needs. Conversion, Brand content, Specific activation, Drive to store? Our expertise allows us to work with our clients to find the right content with a good distribution plan.
After more than 3 years of working with the biggest brands Mc Donalds, Ford, Subway, TF1, Olympic Games 2024, Fitness Park, etc. We bring our expertise in augmented reality to support our clients in all sectors. Tourism, Event, Retail, Sports, Media, etc.
Web & Mobile Application
Offer to your customers an immersive augmented reality experience by integrating it directly via a script, a link or even in a mobile application. Our agency takes care of everything.
Filter Maker is an agency that develops and integrates augmented reality content on websites or mobile applications. For websites, this allows users to use AR content without having to download any application. Users simply click on a button to display the content in their own environment. This is a very effective solution for removing friction (application weight, compatibility, etc.) and increase the conversion on certain product types to 30%.
At the top of innovation
We have different technologies for different purposes. TheAR Kit and the AR Core mainly used to display products in 3D in the environment of the user. (Furnishing, virtual fitting, etc.). Technologies such as 8thWall allow us to offer immersive and entertaining content allowing users to interact with the content in augmented reality.
Our agency is at the cutting edge of new technologies, so don't hesitate to contact us to see the feasibility of your project.
Videoconferencing & Online Stream
As part of a development for internal or external communication, we can create augmented reality content for your videoconferences or online streams.
Windows & Mac
Our agency was the first to offer brands augmented reality content dedicated to desktop use. We can now integrate AR content directly into Snap Camera, which is a software program available for Windows and Mac.
This software allows us to offer the agency's clients the possibility of integrating augmented reality content into their videoconferences. The objectives are multiple, but generally many use it in an Employer Brand logic.
Also, the possibility of integrating content on online streams (Twitch and Discord) opens up the possibility for brands, in particular studios and video games, to provide differentiating content that directly generates UGC (User Generated Content)
Our Expertise in Augmented Reality
About Filter Maker
FilterMaker is an agency based in France, precisely in La Rochelle, specialised in creation and distribution of content in Augmented Reality. In particular, Filters on Social Networks, Filter Instagram/Snapchat/TikTok.
The agency now has a dozen permanent staff and works with the biggest brands and agencies around the world. We are a Snap AR Partner.
Lens Studio is the software for creating Snapchat filters. Filter Maker is official Snapchat partnerThis allows our teams to access resources and updates before others. Our teams are experts on Lens Studio and can make all types of Snapchat filters.
Meta Spark is Meta's software for creating AR experiences for Instagram and Facebook. Our experts have already made more than 300 filters on Meta Spark since the beginning of Filter Maker. We have access to the beta version of Meta Spark and can therefore discover the new features quickly.
Effect House is the software for creating TikTok filters. For a few months, only certain creators had access to the Beta of this software and our experts were among them. So, despite the young age of Effect House, we are able to realize all TikTok filters desired by our customers.
Web AR consists of creating an augmented reality experience using specific software. This allows you to project 3D objects in a real environment and to offer products from your catalogue in try-on. Our teams have worked on hundreds of Web AR projects for e-tailers.
We are a content creation and distribution agencyu in augmented reality, we help brands to boost their visibility on social networks thanks to the filters Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook or TikTokwe develop storytelling for our clients.We are also able to create AR content on video conferences and online streams.
We work with two types of clients:
- Direct customers: 80% of our customer base are direct brands. We work with major international brands such as Starbucks, Mc Donalds, Subway, etc. Our clients include all sectors of activity: Tourism, Retail, Food, Media, Gaming etc.
- Agencies: Most traditional communication agencies do not have in-house expertise in augmented reality. We work with many agencies such as Publicis, Havas, TBWA, etc. to produce augmented reality content for their clients. We can work seamlessly, but also in white label.
Augmented reality is a technology that allows virtual content to be overlaid on a real environment to create an immersive experience. It is possible to watch AR content on your smartphone, tablet, computer, but also with glasses dedicated to this activity. Augmented reality is used today for different purposes: For example: industry, health or for marketing and communication purposes.
Campaigns incorporating augmented reality content can have different objectives:
- Promote something Whether it is to develop brand awareness (brand content) or for a specific activation (e.g. to promote the release of a product/employer brand/event), etc.) the integration of augmented reality content into communications campaigns creates greater engagement than traditional content.
- Increase conversion : Augmented reality is a very powerful solution to increase the conversion of your products. By displaying products in the environment of customers or even on themselves (possible solution on social networks). This can increase the conversion on your website up to 30 %.
- Carry out a drive to store action Immersive content is highly engaging and in demand by users. This is why, via promotions or competitions, it is possible to integrate drive to store campaigns.
One of the functionalities of augmented reality is the ability to display products in one's environment in a virtual way. For example, I can display a sofa in my living room in the right dimensions and colours with one click of my phone. This allows users to project themselves more concretely in their purchasing decisions and therefore increase conversion on the merchant site. It is possible to integrate augmented reality products in one's environment or on one's face thanks to web AR and social networks. But some social networks have certain additional features, such as foot or hand detection. This makes it possible to display, for example, an augmented reality shoe directly on those feet. You want to know more more on the conversion increase ?
There are several reasons why it is necessary to go through an AR agency:
- The empirical view to judge the quality of the campaign: Before the campaign is launched, it is often necessary to think about its objective. Some augmented reality effects may seem very popular, whereas they are not widely used. An agency will be able to give you the necessary hindsight to optimise the campaign.
- The complexity of development: To develop AR content, it requires different expertise, whether in 3D modelling, and subsequently you need to be familiar with all the augmented reality software (Spark AR, Lens Studio, 8th Wall etc.)
- Turnkey solution: An agency will be able to produce weekly reports on the statistics of your augmented reality effects. Having a contact person to understand the terms and leverage effects is valuable.
If you want to know more about this subject, we have written about it.
There are different parameters to take into account to know how much an augmented reality effect costs. First of all, the platform on which it is to be broadcast, for the web AR there are for example platforms like 8th Wall which in addition to the production of the effect will charge costs per impression. AR software on social networks (Spark AR and Lens studio) are open source and allow the content to be distributed free of charge. Thus the only cost will be the production of the effect and if the brand wishes it activations non-organic (Influence, Ads).
The price of producing filters on social networks or in Web AR varies according to the service and the complexity of developing the effect. We have created a page to explain the price and tariff of filters on social networks.
It is possible to integrate augmented reality content on several media:
- Smartphones / Tablets : Using social networks, it is possible to integrate augmented reality content. The applications that allow this are Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Tiktok via the famous Filters / Lens available on their platform. It is also possible to integrate AR content on phones without downloading applications by using Web AR. The AR web will be able to be created via applications such as 8th Wall or natively via the AR Kit or AR Core.
- Computers: It is possible to integrate augmented reality content via computer cameras using software such as Snap Camera. With this software, all the filters available in the community on Snapchat and created by Lens Studio will be usable on video conferences and online streams.
- Augmented reality glasses: There is currently no open source software to develop augmented reality effects on glasses. Their use is still limited and the need is not great enough. Platforms like Facebook and Snapchat will probably make their software available to the public. Spark AR and Lens Studio compatible with glasses.
The production time fluctuates depending on the content to be produced: Production of assets, AR integrations, optimisation, etc. The platforms on which the content is produced, as some have moderation times (e.g. on Instagram, this can take up to 5 days).
If you have a project, do not hesitate to contact us by indicating your deadlines on our quote page.